Those of you that know me, know that I’m a passionate follower of Forrester Research‘ social media work – specifically their conceptualization of Groundswell: a term coined by Forrester analysts to highlight a social trend in which people use technologies to get the things they need from each other, rather than from traditional institutions like corporations.
That being said, Forrester Research is also the custodian of the Groundswell Awards. An awards ceremony that celebrates the best-of-the-best work being done in the social media space in the US.
Needless to say, looking at the winners of a Groundswell Award can provide us with a very relevant peak into how social media can best be optimized. Here are the winners of the various categories:
(Click on the links below for a description of the specific category winners’ campaign)
- Category: LISTENING. Find out what customers are really saying in order to understand them better.
- Category: TALKING. Spread messages about a company.
Winner: Young & Free Alberta
- Category: ENERGIZING. Get a company’s best customers to evangelize its products.
Winner: Hershey’s Bliss House Party
- Category: SUPPORTING. Help customers support each other to solve each other’s problems.
Winner: Nerd Network
- Category: EMBRACING. Integrate customers into the way a business works, including using their help to design products and improve processes.
- Category: MANAGING. Empower employees and managers within an organization.
Winner: Borderless Workplace
- Category: SOCIAL IMPACT. Improve society with non-commercial applications.
Winner: Artshare, Click Exposition, and Posse (This category was won by the Brooklyn Museum who was chosen as a winner because of the multiple ways they’ve used social technologies to put their visitors in charge)
I’m sure you will agree, these are some very relevant and very fresh and innovative case studies that we all can learn from.
From the World Wide Creative team, WELL DONE to ALL Groundswell Award winners and to Forrester for their continues leadership in this field!