In order to create and grow a profitable website hard work, dedication and sincerity needs to be the order of the day.
So, if you have a web presence with a community of visitors, how often do you interact with them? How often do compliment them? If you’re not doing this on a day-to-day basis – you are not doing your job.
Here are a few compliments that Community Strategist, Angela Connor, did just the other day:
- LOVE your holiday decorations! Beautiful. –Angela
- Got the figgy pudding recipe. I placed it on the Holiday page. Thanks for keeping me posted! –Angela
- What an excellent idea! –Angela
- Our first mascot! How fabulous!! –Angela
- I am so happy to read this tonight! The goal is to spread some holiday cheer and when I see all of the hard work that members put into their decorations, it makes me want to do better.
Angela does this every day and she does it herself. The sincerity of the comments makes her efforts worth her while.
Look at your own web community. Is it just a platform i.e. it’s functional? Are you waiting for your community members to contact you?
Remember this - A compliment a day, get’s your visitors to stay!