As most of you know, The Heavy Chef Project has revolved around the monthly sessions we hold. These sessions have gradually picked up steam, with the amount of people registering for our newsletter increasing week on week. All this interest has called for a rethink of our web design, with our creative team working overtime on creating this fresh new look that you see before you.
Regular readers will notice some significant evolutions:
- No more design gallery. This may be resurrected in the future. The idea behind this gallery was that the World Wide Creative team keep looking at ‘what’s out there’ and learning from the great work of our peers.
- More focus on the ‘learning’ aspect of The Heavy Chef. This is about staying true to our roots. The original concept behind Heavy Chef was that we need to continue learning, researching, discussing, debating and taste testing the ingredients of digital marketing.
- Focus on Heavy Chef Session videos. The video widget thingie on the top right is going to be where we showcase the stellar list of speakers that we gather for the monthly digital marketing sessions we host in Johannesburg, Cape Town and (soon) in London.
There are some additional enhancements we’re working on that will be updated in the near future, but, for now, we’re pretty stoked with the result. Thanks a million to the hard working chefs at the World Wide Creative studio, especially Lizane, Paul, Nicola and Shaun for all the effort on this (as well as Rudolf for the initial brainstorming) – and for putting up with my continuous questioning of the process.
It would be great to get some feedback from visitors to the site: what do you guys think? (suggestions are welcome)
- The Heavy Chef “Creating Profitable Websites” Course running in August
- Brand new look for World Wide Creative’s ‘Heavy Chef’ blog
- Challenge Your Website Design Company to Understand Your Audience
- The Heavy Chef Project October: Jon Cherry
- Its official: WWC is the number one web design company in the world