Obama just kicked off the week with two killer pieces of digital marketing news. For those of you with heads in the sand, Barack Obama is leading the most pervasive, penetrative marketing campaign in political campaign history… and he’s centralised his strategy on a community-focused internet approach.
Consider these stats:
- 130,000 Obama videos online
- Biggest mobile subscription drive in history
- 10m blog posts (70% more than McCain)
- 3 times McCain’s web traffic
- 5 times McCain’s community
Not to mention this, the other night (his speech roasting John McCain at the Alfred Smith tribute dinner). Awesomeness.
That, folks, is how internet marketing should be done…