Have you searched your name, company name or certain keywords relevant to your industry online? What did you find? There are more and more information available about us online then ever before and not all of this information is positive or accurate. That is why it is important to keep an eye on what is being said about your business online.
- It creates awareness of what your customer’s main concerns and needs are which in turn helps you improve your products and services.
- It offers you extensive real-time feedback from your consumers.
- It improves customer services since you can respond quickly to any queries or complaints.
- Online Reputation Management acts as an early warning system
- ORM helps to identify gaps for products and services which can be developed for niche markets.
Know that ORM is not just sunshine and roses. Here are a few things you need to watch out for when monitoring your Online Reputation Management:
- Information overload: a large volume of messages can be overwhelming and hard to follow, causing you to stress and panic.
- Even using the best ORM tools on the market will not guarantee you finding every little mention of your company online.
- Engaging with your consumers online could add fuel to a fire if not done cautiously and with some guidance.
- The return on investment can be less than expected when your target market is not using online platforms to express their opinions and concerns.
- Online comments and criticism might not be constructive.
So, ORM is a great tool to use to monitor your brand online. I do think it is important to do some investigation as to ensure your consumers are engaging and voicing their opinions online.