World Wide Creative’s web marketing ‘guy’, Mike Perk, places a lot of emphasis on a good domain name. Not only should it have ‘history’, but the name itself is very important. It should be relevant, focused and preferably memorable. A while back, my friend Andrew emailed me a list of names that you wouldn’t want (although, I reckon they get 10 out of 10 for being memorable!)
1. www.whorepresents.com – A resource site called ‘Who Represents?’, where you can find the name of the agent that represents a celebrity.
2. www.expertsexchange.com – A directory site called ‘Experts Exchange’
3. www.penisland.net – A company called ‘Pen Island’, and a site where you can find, er, pens. Yes, it does exist.
4. www.gotahoe.com – Lake Tahoe tourist directory. Unfortunate.
5. www.powergenitalia.com – An Italian Power Generator company…eish. Not sure if this one is legit, actually.
6. www.molestationnursery.com – Mole Station Native Nursery, based in New South Wales. Also – doubt if this one is for real. Still funny though.
7. www.ipanywhere.com – Find computer software here.
8. www.speedofart.com – Apparently, a pretty quick art director owns this site.
9. www.therapistfinder.com – You can apparently find therapists at ‘Therapist Finder’. Seriously, seriously unfortunate.