Phew, what a week!
After months of planning leading to the last three days of exhilarating learning, we’re pretty pleased with the results. After stellar feedback on the various modules, we’re looking at a winner here.
We started day one with some great interactive exercises, with Mike’s inimitable style of picking on people and making them do the unexpected. We looked at setting objectives, online branding, branding in general, and strategy. The day ended off with defining personas, looking at target markets and user-focused design. Phil Barrett was our first guest chef, talking about usability and the tools to test your digital presence.
The second day, yours truly gave a scintilating session on “Designing for Web” which led nicely into content management, and how content truly is King.
We’re finishing off today with SEO, newsletter campaigning, social media (with second guest chef Jason Bagley). Mike is going to end with engendering loyalty.
More to follow – view all the Creating Profitable Websites pics here.
- May Heavy Chef Session: Eric, Charl, Beer, Pizza!
- The first Heavy Chef “Creating Profitable Websites” Course starts
- Heavy Chef Session March: David Duarte’s presentation on ‘Social Media in South Africa’
- Fresh new design for The Heavy Chef Project website
- Heavy Chef September: ‘Messages Worth Spreading; Creativity in Communication’