Heavy Chef is proud to announce the speaker for our next event! CEO of Mxit, Alan Knott-Craig Jr. will present his vision for Africa’s biggest social network. He will discuss the challenges they have faced and the opportunities Mxit provides to marketers. We’ll also hear about plans for Mxit’s User Interface and get a glimpse of future innovations in the pipeline.
As if you don’t already know, Mxit is the instant messaging mobile service developed in Stellenbosch. Mxit is Africa’s biggest mobile social network, with over 10 million active subscribers.
Since its launch in 2003, Mxit has seen significant growth on a continent largely dependent on mobile, leading the way on multiple platforms. While Twitter sends around 8 billion messages a month, Mxit does a mammoth 22 billion messages a month.
Alan Knott-Craig Jr. became the CEO of Mxit since acquiring the service in September last year. After working for iBurst and World of Avatar, he has big plans for Mxit in the future. And we know his determination will match his vision for Mxit.
The event will take place on Wednesday 28th March 2012 in Woodmead, Johannesburg. We will be filming the event and releasing the edited video on the Heavy Chef website. Be sure to follow our live Twitter feed during the event, and don’t forget – the best tweet will win an awesome Nokia Lumia phone!
SIGN UP HERE!
- Heavy Chef Event – What Will Agencies Look Like In The Future?
- Next Heavy Chef Session: Eric Edelstein and Charl Norman; Play.24.com will film the event
- Introducing our next Heavy Chef speaker
- The Many Faces of Mxit: Simple Messenger to Multi-faceted Mobile Platform
- Last Heavy Chef Event For 2011 – Dave Duarte And Fred Roed On Digital Communities