It’s evident for me that product-owners, companies and brands are relinquishing more and more control over to the consumer – not by choice, but by evolution.
Taking this into account, it has become our mission as a web marketing company to challenge companies that in order to succeed with their marketing initiatives, they will need to put A LOT more effort in:
- Understanding their customers
- Creating opportunities for their customers to speak & interact with them
- Finding avenues to grab (AND HOLD!) their customer’s attention
- Identify high-potential brand advocates and spoil them
- Critically review their own marketing initiatives and internal marketing custodians
- Thinking long-term i.e. where do I want to go with this?
Lastly, in order to succeed in an increasingly challenging business environment, companies and brands will need to create marketing strategies (NOT campaigns…strategies…there’s a difference!) that make use of various communication (read: media; read: technology) channels that have a common-thread running through re the message that you want to convey to your customers.
It’s not rocket science. It’s marketing 101… only, this time, your customer is listening, thinking… maybe advocating…