At World Wide Creative we bandy the words ‘Accelerator Project’ all the time. If you’re an outsider to the team, you’ll probably wonder what the heck we’re talking about – and so, for the sake of clarity on this blog I will attempt to explain what it means.
We came up with the term as a way of describing the projects we start in-house at World Wide Creative. An example of one of these projects is The Bug Zapper, an e-commerce site selling a mosquito and fly killer. We did it partly for fun, and partly to test out the tools that we sell to our clients. When The Bug Zapper took off, we saw the potential of doing more projects like this – and how it could accelerate our profits. It also gives individuals within World WIde Creative the opportunity to begin projects of their own and accelerate their own income.
Hence the name ‘Accelerator Project’ came into being.
It is in-house project using our tools (website development and web marketing) to create a new profitable business.
The benefits of Accelerator Projects:
- They allow us to test new methods or tools to generate traffic to websites
- They become great examples which we can show clients
- They provide an opportunity for additional revenue for World Wide Creative
- Employees can get stuck into a project that focuses on a topic that they really enjoy
- It provides us with scalable opportunities to grow our business
- They are an incentive for ambitious new talent to join our company