A few months ago, we hosted a Heavy Chef session with Dave Duarte who spoke about building online communities. One of the most intriguing points that came up was the best time of the day to tweet content. For brands, this is very important when trying to engage with your communities and create consistency.Heavy Chef looked into the best time to tweet, and found some interesting information. According to new research by Bitly, the best times to tweet content is between 12pm and 4pm. On weekends, people are most likely to see your tweet at 7pm in the evening.
According to Dave Duarte, South African time is slightly later. This is due to high bandwidth costs and limited access to social networks at many workplaces. The South African reach is best at 6pm to 9pm.
So next time you want to ensure community engagement with your brand, or need an answer to a question, you know when to ask!
Watch the Heavy Chef session with Dave Duarte here.
- Online Community Building in 2012 with Dave Duarte
- Last Heavy Chef Event For 2011 – Dave Duarte And Fred Roed On Digital Communities
- Value Creation in a Changing World
- First Ladies Of Africa Learn To Tweet At Social Good Summit
- Heavy Chef Session March: David Duarte’s presentation on ‘Social Media in South Africa’