First things first: We have to pick a company and build a website before we can start the Pay-per-click campaign. We chose my wife’s new profession, painting, as our company. The reasons for the choice are as follows:
- She is nearby
- She will allow us to do pretty much what we like with the design
- She will make us some chocolate cake when we finish
- She is pretty damn good painter, way better than me! (check out the pic in the design below – that was her first ever painting!)
The ‘company’ is called Art Revision; has one ‘employee’ – my wife; will be run under the World WIde Creative accounts; and will sell replicas of famous paintings for around 200 or R2500 in South African terms. She is really good at making copies, and is now getting pretty confident with the brush.
So here is the first design. I have stuck to a tried and tested formula as we don’t want to get too complicated.
- Simple, easy to follow navigation
- Nice big examples of the product
- Clear goals (’Click here for limited time offer!!‘)
Any thoughts or feedback are welcome. One question I’m not sure of is should we have a newsletter sign-up form?