Imagine being able to view two versions of the world around you. In the first world, things are pretty much as you’ve always known them to be. The birds around you are tweeting; neon billboards are blinking aimlessly. Don your Augmented Reality glasses and an entirely different scenario takes place.
Suddenly, the people around you are tweeting (Twitter messages are magically appearing above them in virtual bubbles); and neon billboards are blinking interactively (reach up and point to gain further information). Sound far-fetched? Actually, this second world is not too far off. More than any other channel at the moment, Augmented Reality has the marketing world in a spin. In April’s Heavy Chef Session, we’re joined by internationally renowned speaker and entrepreneur, Rich Mulholland. Rich is the founder of two innovative and highly-successful companies, Thunk and Missing Link. On the eve of Wednesday 28th April, Rich will unpack the growing convergence between the real world and a digitally-enhanced world filled with opportunity.
Venue: Building 33, Deloitte Place, The Woodlands, 20 Woodlands Drive, Woodmead, Johannesburg (map here)
Date: Wednesday, 28 April 2010
Time: 6 for 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Cost to attend: Free, on the proviso that you allow us to insert a GPS tracking chip in your arm at the entrance. It will only hurt a little bit.
- Heavy Chef Session in Joburg: “A Taste of The Future: What’s Cooking in 2010?”
- Second Heavy Chef Session in Jozi: ‘Smoke, Mirrors and Social Media Part 2′
- October Heavy Chef Session Jozi: Raising Capital for Digital Start-ups
- Heavy Chef March in Cape Town: Focusing on Security
- Heavy Chef Session November: “Smoke, Mirrors and Social Media (Part 2)”