The Futurists 2024
South Africa's biggest Trends showcase, now open for bookings:
Johannesburg | Cape Town | Durban
The Premier Trends Events in Southern Africa.
Brought to you by Heavy Chef and Flux Trends.
BOOK YOUR SEATS NOW
The 2024 Speaker Lineup
We have compiled the finest panel of speakers in the country to speak about past, current and future trends.
Dion Chang: Dion is the Founder of Flux Trends. He is a business strategist, trends columnist, keynote speaker and professional cage rattler. Bronwyn Williams: Bronwyn is one of the best-known futurist and economists in South Africa. Tumelo Mojapelo: A newcomer in the futurist world Tumelo is fast becoming known as a razor-sharp analyst. Zinhle Novazi: Zinhle is one of M&G's Top 35 Under 35 for 2023, and is on the Board at Heavy Chef Foundation.
The Futurists 2024 is brought to you by the following organisations:
The Futurists 2024
It's time for our annual 'The Futurists' event - the most informed and exciting way to kick off the year for all entrepreneurs.
This time around we're asking 'What does the Future look like for South Africa?'
In the first quarter of 2024, an election year for our young democracy, entrepreneur community Heavy Chef and consultancy Flux Trends will cast a lens on what to expect. Futurist and Partner at Flux Trends, Bronwyn Williams will reveal the ideas for "hacking (what remains of) our democracy". The famously controversial Williams will unpack the pragmatically optimistic civic and entrepreneurial action detailed in her new book, Rescuing Our Republic.
Our 2024 panel is joined by Flux Trend's Foresight Lead, Tumelo Mojapelo, to encourage us to claim and use our agency and imagination to work together to "world build" the South Africa we want to live and work in together. What if it all goes right? And what would it take to increase the odds of a positive turnaround?
Finally, Dion Chang, Founder of Flux Trends presents the much anticipated 2024 edition of the Flux Trends annual flagship report: The State We’re In, designed to give you a diverse “tasting menu” of what the near and midterm future has in store for us all.
- Date: Tuesday, 30 January 2024
- Time: 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
- Start Time: 6:00 pm South Africa Time / Central Africa Time.
- Venue: Workshop17 Sandton, 138 West Street, Sandton, Johannesburg.
- In-Person Event.
- R250 per seat.
- Free for Heavy Chef members. Not a member? Sign up here.
- Heavy Chef members: please email us for assistance if required.
- The Futurists events are brought to you by Flux Trends and Heavy Chef.
- Heavy Chef events are brought to you by Xero, PayFast and Workshop17.
- Support is provided by Quicket, Workshop17, Sir Fruit, Happy Culture and Backsberg and Sally-Anne Creed.
- Heavy Chef is proud partners with xneelo, Whipping the Cat and Global Citizen.