Heavy Chef Event: Advertising For Startups
- Xolisa Dyeshana, Chief Creative Officer for Joe Public.
- Thibedi Meso, Chief Creative Officer for Brave Group.
- Zinhle Novazi (MC), Director, Heavy Chef Foundation.
Tuesday. September 19. 6pm-7:30pm. Workshop17 Sandton, JHB. (138 West Street, Sandton). Live On Stage.
Advertising is the domain of big business... or is it? The days of digital have allowed anyone to create ad campaigns using Meta Business Manager and Google Ad words for paid advertising. Programmatic buying allows anyone with even a tiny budget to spread the word about their offerings. But, then, how do we rise above the noise? Heavy Chef has asked two of Africa's most celebrated creatives to cut through the clutter and give us their secret recipes on creativity. This session is for entrepreneurs who want to distinguish themselves in a crowded marketplace.
- Tuesday, 19 September 2023, 6:00pm-7:30pm.
- Start Time: 6:00pm South Africa Time / Central Africa Time.
- Venue: Workshop17 Sandton, 138 West Street, Sandton, Johannesburg.
- Heavy Chef events are brought to you by Xero, Payfast and Workshop17.
- Support is provided by Quicket, Sir Fruit, Goodleaf and Backsberg and Creed Living.
- Heavy Chef is proud partners with xneelo, Whipping the Cat and Global Citizen.
- In-Person Event. R250 per seat.
- Free for Heavy Chef members. Sign up for free here.
- Heavy Chef members: click here to get your tickets.
Xolisa Dyeshana is the Chief Creative Officer and partner at Joe Public United, where he has played an integral role in the agency's growth since 2006. With 19 years of experience, he has worked on renowned brands such as Mercedes-Benz, Nike, Nedbank, Dialdirect, P&G, Renault, Chicken Licken, UberEats, Converse, Distell, Momentum, Santam, Elizabeth Arden, and Toyota.
His passion lies in the world of creativity, and he has actively contributed to the industry in various leadership positions. Xolisa has served as the Chairperson of The Creative Circle, the top decision-making body for advertising creativity in South Africa. He has also held the position of Chairman of the Loeries, South Africa's premier advertising awards show. Additionally, he has represented African creativity on global stages by serving on juries for renowned advertising award shows worldwide. Recently, he was a member of the international board of the prestigious One Show in the United States.
Throughout his career, Xolisa has earned numerous accolades, including awards from Cannes, D&AD, One Show, Loeries, and more. In 2018, he was recognized as South Africa's joint No. 1 creative leader, and he ranked second in 2020 and 2021. He was also honoured as one of Adweek's Creative 100, a highly respected global recognition in the creative industry.
Xolisa is committed to giving back to the industry and helping young people from underprivileged backgrounds gain access to opportunities. He actively engages with the next generation of creative minds, encouraging them to find innovative solutions for a better South Africa.
Thibedi Meso - bio to follow.