Heavy Chef Event: Design Thinking
- Dr Carla Enslin, Co-Founder Vega School
- Richard Perez, Founding Director at d-school Afrika
- Fred Roed, CEO of Heavy Chef
This event is hosted on June 22, 2023. 6pm-7:30pm. Hasso Plattner d-school Afrika, UCT, Cape Town. View Map.
Design Thinking has become a buzzword over the past decade, but what is it? And why is it essential for entrepreneurs and business leaders to embrace? With the problems confronting society currently, the process of thinking creatively is now more important than ever. Heavy Chef has invited two luminaries in the South African design space to unpack the process of design thinking. Dr Carla Enslin, co-founder of Vega, and Richard Perez, Founding Director at d-school Afrika, Cape Town, will join MC Fred Roed on the Heavy Chef stage in June. Join us for scintillating conversations, complimentary wine and beverages and great people.
- Thursday, 22 June 2023, 6:00pm-7:30pm
- Start Time: 6:00pm South Africa Time / Central Africa Time.
- Venue: Hasso Plattner d-school Afrika, UCT, Cape Town.
- Parking is available at the venue.
- Heavy Chef events are brought to you by Xero, PayFast and Workshop17.
- Venue kindly provided by Hasso Plattner d-school Afrika.
- Support is provided by Quicket, Workshop17, Sir Fruit, Goodleaf and Backsberg and Creed Living.
- Heavy Chef is proud partners with xneelo, Whipping the Cat and Global Citizen.
- In-Person Event. R250 per seat.
- Note: Free for Heavy Chef members. Sign up here.
- Heavy Chef members: please email us for assistance.
Dr Carla Enslin is Head of Postgraduate Studies & Research at Vega School. Vega is a brand of The Independent Institute of Education and offers qualifications in design, brand and business studies. Carla’s interest and experience in brand building includes the design and implementation of brand identity systems, brand alignment and contact strategies. She lectures widely in Africa and abroad and conducts corporate training, consulting and coaching, is a course supervisor and trainer for the Master of Arts and the Doctorate in Brand Leadership at Vega; a Research Associate at the University of Stellenbosch Business School; and an elective teaching fellow on building brands in emerging markets at the University of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business.
Richard Perez is the founding director of the Hasso Plattner School of Design Thinking at the University of Cape Town, which leverages the global d.school network of both Potsdam, Germany and Stanford, United States. Richard’s expertise and experience combines design with business thinking, management and strategy. His area of specialisation is design thinking for innovation and strategic leadership; and he has consulted to organisation (private and public) in South Africa, the Africa region and internationally.